Last modified: April 6, 2021
Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.hawl.org (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On this Website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
· Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Information About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number ("personal information");
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your location or IP address; and/or
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our newsletter, posting material, contacting us, or requesting information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
· Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
· Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Copyright © 2023 Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy